10GLs (225 calories per serving + 70 calories for baby potatoes)
juice and zest of ½ orange
1 tsp clear honey
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 small skinless and boneless salmon fillets
steam-fried spinach (see tip) and red or yellow peppers,
6 boiled baby potatoes or 45g cooked brown basmati rice to serve
- Put the orange juice and zest into a small bowl and whisk in the honey and mustard.
- Put the salmon into a shallow dish and pour over the orange mixture. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes–1 hour, in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Bake the salmon for 20–25 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with spinach and peppers, baby potatoes or rice.
Tip: To steam-fry accompanying vegetables add 1 tsp oil or butter and 1 tbsp water or stock to a pan over medium heat and add the vegetables. Cook until tender.
Source: Patrick Holford
Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new diet or exercise program. If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medications, have a health condition or are planning a medical procedure, also consult your health professional. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.