[hide-from accesslevel=’Level 0′]Sorry, this recipe is only available to 7-Day Spa Plan Members. Please Login or Register for the Do-it-Yourself 7-Day Spa Plan.[/hide-from]
[show-to accesslevel=’Level 0′]
1 head of green cabbage
2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
Sea salt, pepper, granulated garlic
¼ cup salted almond butter
¼ cup water
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 tablespoon coconut
2 teaspoons sesame oil
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup mint, chopped
¼ cup pistachios
Lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 240°C.
- Chop your cabbage into wedges. Place the wedges onto a baking sheet and drizzle with coconut oil. Spice up the wedges with sea salt, pepper and granulated garlic to your taste.
- Roast the cabbage for approximately 12 minutes then flip cabbage and repeat.
- While your cabbage is roasting, make the almond sauce. In a small sauce pot, add almond butter, water, lemon juice, coconut and sesame oil. Stir constantly as it heats up. Once it gets hot, all of the ingredients will come together and it will turn into a creamy sauce. If the sauce is too thick, simply add more water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Remove the finished cabbage from the oven and drizzle with almond sauce. Top with fresh herbs and pistachio nuts.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new diet or exercise program. If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medications, have a health condition or are planning a medical procedure, also consult your health professional. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.