[hide-from accesslevel=’Level 0′]Sorry, this recipe is only available to 7-Day Spa Plan Members. Please Login or Register for the Do-it-Yourself 7-Day Spa Plan.[/hide-from]
[show-to accesslevel=’Level 0′]
4GLs (197 calories per serving)
1–2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 celery sticks, chopped
1 leek, sliced
1 carrot, chopped
200g can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried mixed herbs or 1 handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
200g brown or green lentils
1 litre vegetable stock ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add a splash of water.
- Cover and cook the onion, celery, leek and garlic over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until soft and transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 30–40 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then transfer half the soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the blended soup to the pan, stir well to combine, then reheat and serve.
Source: Patrick Holford
Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new diet or exercise program. If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medications, have a health condition or are planning a medical procedure, also consult your health professional. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.