3 tablespoons of olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into ¾ inch pieces
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the chicken
pieces to the bowl and mix to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2–8 hours.
- Prepare a medium fire in the braai.
- If using wooden sosatie skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before use. Thread the chicken pieces on the skewers and discard the excess marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grates. Place the sosaties on the grill, cover and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 8–12 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking.
- Feel free to add vegetables to your marinade and alternate threading the chicken and vegetables.
Source: TruHealth with a few slight adaptations by Chef Daniël
Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new diet or exercise program. If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medications, have a health condition or are planning a medical procedure, also consult your health professional. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.