[hide-from accesslevel=’Level 0′]Sorry, this recipe is only available to 7-Day Spa Plan Members. Please Login or Register for the Do-it-Yourself 7-Day Spa Plan.[/hide-from]
[show-to accesslevel=’Level 0′]
Serve as a side dish at dinner.
Serves 4 – 6
large head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup fine diced onion
¾ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon dried Italian Herb blend
½ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
½ cup chicken broth
1-2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or other fresh herbs of your choice
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place into a food processor. Pulse the florets until they reach a rice-like
consistency. Set riced cauliflower aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil and onion. Sauté onion until it begins to soften. Then, add the spices and stir well. Continue to cook onion/spice mix another 1-2 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the seasoned onion and stir well to combine. Continue stirring and sautéing until the rice begins to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken stock and cover the pan. Allow the rice to steam for about 5 minutes until the stock is absorbed and the rice reaches desired texture.
- Remove cover, add the minced fresh parsley and fluff.
Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new diet or exercise program. If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medications, have a health condition or are planning a medical procedure, also consult your health professional. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.