[hide-from accesslevel=’Level 0′]Sorry, this recipe is only available to 7-Day Spa Plan Members. Please Login or Register for the Do-it-Yourself 7-Day Spa Plan.[/hide-from]
[show-to accesslevel=’Level 0′]
This soup makes a nice lunch. Prepare it the night before and warm it up the next day at the office.
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
10 medium size carrots, rinsed and sliced
5 chopped fresh tomatoes
Water, enough to cover (you can also use vegetable stock)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 can (400 g ) full fat coconut milk
- Heat oil in a pot. Add onions, garlic and turmeric and saute until soft and fragrant.
- Add carrots and tomatoes and cook for a minute or so, while stirring.
- Now add water, sea salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- When the soup is ready, use an immersion (hand) blender to puree until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut milk, taste and adjust the flavors as needed.
Always consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before embarking on a new diet or exercise program. If you are pregnant or lactating, taking medications, have a health condition or are planning a medical procedure, also consult your health professional. If you have any specific questions about these matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare provider.