This 3 Day Detox Diet produces amazing results without depleting your energy levels and without the negative side effects of harsher detox diets.
When something goes wrong in your body or life your skin is a dead giveaway. As your body goes, so goes your skin. And most people are very conscious of their looks. The fashion and cosmetic industries thrives on this. And the health spa industry is growing in leaps and bounds because of this.
The latter discovered that pampering guests with just a few holistic health strategies is very profitable business. Key to their success is serving their guests a diet of predominantly raw foods and juices. After a week of such eating (she is usually charged a small fortune for the privilege), a woman returns home looking five to ten years younger.
In this 3 day detox diet guide you’ll discover how to activate your health potential by following a simple three day health spa eating plan. This eating plan is based on Leslie Kenton’s proven Five Day Facelift Diet which was first published in Skin Revolution. It will give you first-hand experience of how eager your body is to heal and regenerate if given the right nutrition.
And you’ll get a taste of the long lasting health transformation that is possible from using the inside out approach of the holistic health strategies.
Fast Results You Can See
Your skin – how it looks feels and behaves – is a good indicator of your total well being. And the dietary changes of the 3 Day Detox Diet can trigger a major turnaround in how your skin looks feels and behaves. What’s more, it can enhance your overall health and beauty and begin to reverse many visible signs of ageing.
“It can firm contours and soften lines. It brings a glow to your eyes and radiance to your face. Most people also feel a new vitality, and experience freedom from cravings for sweets and a renewed emotional balance. It’s a great way for a quick face, body and energy makeover when you feel you need one.
Based on cutting-edge scientific information about the kind of foods our bodies have been programmed to thrive on for over one million years of human evolution, as well as the power of fresh raw vegetables, it is a powerful programme to counter slackness, quell inflammation, and ameliorate bags and sags. It can bring you a quick taste of the kind of long lasting skin transformation which is possible from the inside out.” – Leslie Kenton author of The New 10 Day Clean-Up Plan
Even more important: seeing for yourself what this 3 day detox diet can do to change your skin whets your appetite for the deeper long term regeneration that comes when you acquire more of the holistic health strategies.
The 3 Day Detox Diet helps:
- Firm skin.
- Detoxify skin.
- Clear puffiness.
- Smooth fine lines.
- Counter wrinkles.
- Prevent irregular pigmentation.
- Enhance your immune function.
- Reduce inflammation.
- Increase radiance.
- Eyes shine and spirits soar.
- Improve everyday acute ailments.
What You’ll Eat
On the 3 Day Detox Diet you’ll be eating scrumptious spa fare. And it’s not complicated, the choices are simple. You can even eat the same thing each day if you like, so it’s easy to remember. It is not a weight loss diet (though some people do actually shed a few pounds). You can eat as much as you feel comfortable with.
How and why it works you’ll need to take on trust to begin with. Don’t ask too many questions, just give it a go. Experience it for yourself. Once you do you will be ready to take your own health transformation to deeper, more longer-lasting levels.
The protocol is simple. The foods are delicious and easy to prepare. For the next three days you will eat and drink:
- Three meals a day.
- At least half of your foods fresh and raw.
- As many non-starchy vegetables as you like.
- A generous portion of top quality protein at one daily meal.
- As many pieces of fruit as you like.
- 8 to 10, or more, glasses of pure water a day.
- As many cups of herb tea as you like.
- A good balance of essential fatty acids
- Two snacks each day if you want them.
- One, preferably two, skin revitalizing herbs a day.
It’s as simple as that.
General Rules of the 3 Day Detox Diet
1. Every time you have a meal smell your foods before you eat it. Then think about its origin and be thankful in the knowledge that your body will use this food to energize, build and repair each and every cell.
2. Always have a few bites of something raw at the start of each lunch and dinner meal. This will not only supply your cells with high levels of antioxidant rich phytonutrients and enzymes for efficient digestion, it also helps protect from mucous-producing immune reactions which can lead to water retention and make skin puffy.
3. Don’t eat when rushed or stressed. Plan a relaxed twenty minutes for each meal. Sit down. No newspaper, TV or other distractions. Enjoy good company and/or soft relaxing background music.
4. Chew your food well – till every bit of taste is extracted from each bite. This slows eating down, giving you time to enjoy your food with all your senses. It also improves your digestion and it prevents overeating.
5. You may eat as much as you like provided that you listen to the dictates of your appetite and that you masticate each bite thoroughly.
6. Allow 4 to 5 hours between lunch and dinner, and between dinner and bedtime. Your digestive system must have time to complete digestion of a meal before you load it again. Otherwise digestion is not complete and increased toxicity can ensue. You can have as much pure water and herb teas between meals as you like. If dinner is delayed beyond four or five hours and you are hungry, have a piece of fruit.
7. If at all possible don’t use the micro-wave for your food preparation.
8. Foods to avoid:
a. Sugar and artificial sweeteners. If you have a sweet tooth you may use stevia.
b. Salt. Rather than use salt, a better way to flavour foods and give them zest is to add fresh herbs and lemon juice.
c. Coffee, soft and fizzy drinks and alcohol.
d. Dairy products.
e. Hydrogenated vegetable oils and margarine.
f. Wheat. In any form – bread, biscuits, toast, most breakfast cereals, cakes, pastry, pasta, pizza, etc.
g. All convenience foods. That is all processed and refined foods.
Here’s What the 3 Day Detox Diet Menu Looks Like
Have a glass of warm (body temperature) pure water with the juice of ½ a lemon squeezed into it. It’ll jump start your liver and helps balance your pH.
Breakfast is a Fruit Meal
- You may eat as much fruit as you like, given the provision of rule 4 above. Your liver – your most important organ for detoxification – is most active between midnight and midday. Eating fruit (which is virtually self-digesting), allows the liver to continue with the detoxification process unimpeded. Eating protein or starch foods will halt the detoxification allowing toxins to start accumulating in your cells.Another benefit is that because fruit is virtually self-digesting it uses only a tiny fraction of energy for digestion. This ‘saving’ in energy is then used for other metabolic functions.
- Should you choose melon (any type of melon) as your fruit, don’t mix it with other fruits. Eat it on its own.
- Have a glass of pure water or a cup of green tea or herb tea. Green tea contains a small amount of caffeine – just enough to keep you bright but not as much as in coffee. If you are a coffee drinker it can help with some of the uncomfortable cleansing reactions that can temporarily occur when you stop drinking coffee.
Mid-Morning Snack (Optional)
A glass of pure water or a cup of green tea or herb tea. If you are having herb tea try some gotu kola (Centellla asiatica), also know as pennywort. It improves the function and integrity of connective tissue, increases blood supply to the tissue, and increases formation of structural components of the skin as well as connective tissue. The tea is extremely mild tasting and most health shops stock it.
Other herb teas that will be beneficial are chamomile and lemon balm.
If you need to have a piece of fruit. Allow at least 20 minutes before lunch. If you want something substantive have a banana but allow 45 minutes before lunch.
Lunch is a Salad and/or Starch Meal
- Lunch and dinner are interchangeable.
- Start your lunch with a scrumptious raw vegetable salad dressed with extra virgin olive oil, flax seed oil (optional), fresh herbs, fresh lemon juice or cider or balsamic vinegar.
While it is by no means absolutely essential that you start with a raw salad this is by far the best possible way to get optimal support for rebuilding cells and tissues, rebalancing biochemical processes and restoring normal metabolism. If not your only dish, make your raw salad portion between a third and a half of your plate.
Choose as many as you like from: apple, avocado, beetroot, carrots, celeriac, lettuce, onions (and spring onions), peppers in all colours, rocket (arugula), sprouts, tomatoes, watercress or garden cress, etc.
- Slightly cooked or steamed vegetables – as close to raw as possible. Make the portion size between a quarter and a third of your plate.
Choose as many as you like from: asparagus, aubergine, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, courgette, fennel, mange touts, mushrooms, peas, runner beans, spinach, Swiss chard, tomatoes, etc.
- If you need something more substantial for lunch include no more than one starchy vegetable, or a serving of lentils or short grain brown rice. Make the portion size the size of your fist. Choose your one starchy vegetable from: beetroot, carrot, pumpkin/squash, boiled or baked potato, sweet potato.
- A glass of pure water or a cup of green tea or herb tea.
Mid Afternoon Snack (Optional)
- A glass of pure water or a cup of green tea or herb tea.
- If you want a snack have one of the following: A kiwi fruit or a small pear or apple. A handful of macadamias or walnuts.
Dinner is a Veggie and Protein Meal
- Lunch and dinner are interchangeable.
- Start your dinner with a mixed green salad dressed with avocado, fresh herbs, garlic, extra virgin olive oil and flaxseed oil, fresh lemon juice or cider or balsamic vinegar. Make the portion size about a quarter of your plate.
- Have a medley of raw, or slightly cooked or steamed vegetables. Make the portion size about half of your plate. See lunch.
- Have a portion of protein. Choose from:
- o Any kind of fish, preferably omega-3-rich fish (wild salmon, tuna – fresh or tinned – mackerel, sardines, etc.). Make the portion size no larger than the size of your palm.
- Chicken or turkey breast. Remove skin and excess fat. Make the portion size no larger than the size of your palm.
- A 2-3 egg omelette. Or 2-3 boiled or poached eggs.
- A glass of pure water or a cup of green tea or herb tea.
A half to one teaspoon of turmeric paste. Turmeric is a major skin-treatment with a variety of uses. Amongst others, it stabilizes collagen, is a powerful anti-inflammatory and it enhances the liver’s ability to eliminate dangerous carcinogenic toxins.
Caution: Turmeric is on the list of herbs generally regarded as safe. But if you are pregnant or nursing, have clotting disorders, or are taking anticoagulant (blood-thinning) medications or supplements (vitamin E for example), you should take medicinal amounts of turmeric only in consultation with your health care provider.
Turmeric Paste Recipe
To prepare turmeric paste use 75ml turmeric powder to 125ml pure water and slowly bring to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir often. Once it starts bubbling immediately remove from the heat. Cool down and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container. (Caution: wash all utensils and any spills immediately. Turmeric stains.)
Roll the cold paste into small pill-like balls. Spoon to the back of your tongue. Swallow with a large mouthful of water and follow quickly with more water.
A glass of pure water or a cup of green tea or herb tea.
A piece of fruit if you must.
Making It Happen
First set a date. The eating plan works very well if you start on a Wednesday and finish on a Friday. Then you can reward yourself by indulging in whatever you feel like during the weekend. ☺
Commit to the date and to sticking to the eating plan for at least three days, preferably five days. If you often fail to keep commitments to yourself, commit to it publicly. What works wonderfully for some is to give a substantial sum in cash (you decide the amount) to a friend or family member with the instructions that they can only return it to you if you kept your commitment. If you do not keep your commitment they may keep it.
Ask any other members of your household to join you in the eating plan. Especially if you usually do the cooking.
Clear out the cupboards of some of the foods that are not allowed. Or if you are the only one in the household that will be following the eating plan clear out some space for your supplies.
Go shopping for your ingredients. If you don’t already have a food steamer now is the time to get one. You can get a simple one that fits on top of a pot of boiling water or an electric appliance. These simple electric devices are not that expensive (you can get one for under R500) and are worth every penny.
Do a basic wellness assessment the day before you start.
Keep it simple by focusing on wellness measures that relate to your eyes, skin, hair and nails. Measure them on a worseness to wellness scale and repeat the same evaluation once you’ve completed the 3 day detox diet.
Here are some suggestions:
- Your eyes – their sparkle, puffiness, circles around them, etc.
- Your hair – note the shine and any specific conditions, etc.
- Your skin – complexion, radiance, dryness, oiliness, etc.
- How do you feel about your looks?
Your Shopping List
Here is the list of everything you’ll need for your 3 Day Detox Diet:
- 100ml ground turmeric to prepare turmeric paste. See the caution with the recipe above.
- Dried gotu kola herb or any other herb such as lemon balm or chamomile. The gotu kola is highly recommended but not compulsory.
- One (or two) boxes of green tea. Optional.
- A selection of fresh fruit for breakfast and to snack on. Choose from what is in season and looks good.
- A rainbow medley of fresh vegetables and salad greens for raw salads and side dishes. Choose from what is in season and looks good. See the list under the menu’s above for inspiration.
- Starchy vegetables as a main course. Choose from pumpkin/squash, potato or sweet potato.
- Lentils or short grain brown rice as a main course. Optional.
- Fresh herbs and garlic. Choose from what is in season and looks good.
- Three portions of fish, turkey or chicken breasts, or free-range eggs for the protein meals.
- 1 bottle of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil for dressings.
- A bottle of cider or balsamic vinegar for dressings.
- 5 to 7 lemons.
- Walnuts or macadamias (optional) for snacks.
- 8 Liters (minimum) of spring or purified water.
Possible Unwanted Side Effects
Depending on your current state of health, you may experience some annoying side effects when you first embark on this eating plan. These normally only occur during the first day or two after which they will settle down.
Don’t view them as bad because they are actually a sign that your body needed this change more than you thought. They are also a sign that you will benefit immensely from a deeper holistic health turnaround programme.
Common undesirable symptoms include headache, dry mouth, coated tongue, abdominal gas and rumblings, frequent urination, looser stools or slight constipation. Existing health problems, such as arthritis, may also seem to worsen initially. These will all eventually settle down.
9 Tips for Increasing the 3 Day Detox Diet’s Benefits
Once you’ve experienced the effectiveness of this simple eating plan for firming skin, eliminating puffiness, clearing fine lines and restoring radiance you’ll come to view it as your secret weapon for preparing for big events when you want to look your best.
There are quite a few things you can do to multiply its regenerative power. Add as many as you want.
- Extend the eating plan to 5 or 7 days. When you get to the end of day three and you feel like going another day or two by all means do.
- Repeat the eating plan three weeks in a row. Or do it for 21 consecutive days.
- If you are in good health, switch to a mono-diet on the last day (day 3) of the plan. That is, eat only one type of fruit three times a day and have as much water, green tea or herb teas as you like. Apples, grapes or oranges work well.
- Walk briskly for 20 to 30 minutes each day. This counters insulin resistance, enhances energy, brings radiance to your skin, helps clear cellulite and maintains good emotional balance.
- Take a good general multi vitamin and mineral including the B complex daily.
- Take 500 to 1000 mg of vitamin C ester a day. This form of vitamin C is a well-known and powerful connective tissue regenerator.
- Use any relaxation technique for 10 to 30 minutes each day.
- Go to bed early and make some effort to ensure a good night’s sleep.
- Journal daily for 10 to 30 minutes.
Get Access To The Complete TruHealth System